Saturday, February 8, 2014

RENTER MADNESS


It's hard not to think of the "before" picture-fists bashed through dry wall, cat diarrhea matted to the filthy carpet, food rotting in the refrigerator, closet doors completely gone.
That's what the renters  left.  Anger doesn't come close to how I feel about that. But now that I've been working five weeks at clean-up, I'm sick and tired of the anger. I want to Lysol it, sponge it away with Fabuloso, and follow that with a strong dose of Clorox. This anger is not serving me, is it? I'm the one who's hurting, certainly not them. So I'll dump the anger down the toilet and flush it away with the dirty water that remains from scrubbing the walls.
I have the "after" picture to think about-popcorn ceiling gone, freshly painted taupe-neutral walls, all new lighting and ceiling fans, new flooring and new appliances. You'd never know that those college boys had been there.
I asked the universe for a good tenant this time. It would be great to find a nice professional family that will appreciate the 70's style of the place. A family that will smile at the Buddha garden spot I created on the side of the house after the storage unit was torn down. I want them to love the short commute to ASU and being close to South Mountain and the REI store. I want them to live in the house for five years and then we can retire there when it comes time to downsize.
Anger-what anger? I'm moving on!
And you know what? The universe provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment