Monday, April 6, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR SONG?

I go to  a spin class twice a week at my gym and always look forward to the music the instructor plays. She has such a wide variety that she personally keeps iTunes in business.  Think Tom Jones or Cher followed by Macklemore.  She can mix it up!
So I don't take kindly to substitute instructors.  They're kinda like the subs in grade school. We did everything we could to torment those poor teachers, remember? We tested boundaries and considered it a victory if we made them cry and they never came back to our school.
So,when a sub walked in to spin class, I was immediately suspect of the music she would play. Would we be stuck in Pop 40 hell or the 80's? Worse yet, would we be subjected to that club beat that is slightly less enjoyable than water boarding?  I couldn't tell, so I waited.
When she warmed us up with the song, Pretty Fly for a White Guy by Offspring,  I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Punk rock at 5:30am? From a pretty non-punk cyclist chick? What gives?
"Give it to me baby, Uh huh, Uh, huh."
Such a pleasant surprise!
She explained that it's her song, along with her husband.  While she was driving a U-Haul to Arizona with her then-boyfriend, he actually proposed while Offspring was playing on the radio. She said, "yes" and by default, it became their song.
All I can say is pretty fly for a white guy! I don't blame her for marrying him!
Then, it got me to thinking. For some reason, my husband and I don't have have a song.
Do you? What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment